Rockland Yacht Club Nautical Flea Market & Open-House
Rockland, ME. — Rockland Yacht Club (RYC) will hold an Open House and concurrent Nautical Flea Market on Saturday, June 14, 2014 at the RYC clubhouse, located at the Public Landing (center harbor), Rockland. Open to the general public (9AM—2PM), this event will be staffed by RYC Members and refreshments will be provided.
Open House—June 14th
Hosted by Jody Abbott—Cruising Co-Chair and Doris Smart—Activities Director, anyone interested in boating activities along Mid-Coast Maine is invited to drop by from 9AM to 2PM. Representatives will be on hand to discuss RYC’s many programs and services, including:
- PHRF Racing,
- Youth Sailing Program,
- Cruising—week long and weekend sailing excursions,
- Cultural exchange programs with other Penobscot Bay area yacht clubs and World cruisers,
- Membership—RYC Members enjoy a number of fun activities, including:
- A half-dozen organized cruises (including Nova Scotia),
- An active and extensive racing program,
- Multiple social gatherings—Spring Fling, Lobster Picnic, Christmas Party,
- And the informal camaraderie of get-togethers, cook-outs, pot-luck dinners, and full use of the clubhouse—conveniently located at the Public Landing,
- Unlimited use of the RYC Launch operating from the Public Landing, providing drop-off and pick-up services from most popular marinas and restaurants during season—June to mid-September.
Nautical Flea Market—June 14th
With proceeds benefitting RYC programs, gently used and new nautical gear will be available for purchase by anyone attending. Nautical items offered are expected to include: rigging, marine instruments, shackles, blocks, cleats & fasteners, dinghies, books, etc. The RYC clubhouse will be open for Flea Market donations on June 13th.
Clothing samples featuring the RYC logo will also be on display and available for purchase.
About Rockland Yacht Club
RYC is an enthusiastic, community minded yacht club intent on preserving and growing the boating presence on beautiful Penobscot Bay. The RYC was founded in 1927 as a community yacht club supporting activities in the Rockland area. Presently there are about one hundred seventy-five members representing about eighty boats. The club sees itself as a relaxed, informal group of boaters.
For more information, please contact:
Paul White, RYC Press Secretary, 603-329-7064, firstname.lastname@example.org