Located on one of the finest harbors in the Western Penobscot Bay, The Rockland Yacht Club welcomes members, guests, and visiting yachties. Pick from our fun-filled Calendar of Events – both on land and in the water – to find new friends and re-connect with old ones.
“Rockland Yacht Club has always been a club that features amicable members, great friendships, and enjoyable boating experiences. We now have the common focus and friendly surroundings of our own club house. Sharing a facility with the Harbormaster in Rockland’s Harbor Park, we are in the heart of the Western Penobscot Bay boating community. The Club House brings us together for boating fun, competition and camaraderie.”
Alan MacDonald, Past Commodore
The RYC was founded in 1927 as a community yacht club supporting activities in the Rockland area. Presently there are about one hundred seventy-five members representing about eighty boats. The club sees itself as relaxed, informal group of boaters. For more on the RYC History, click here.
To be an active community yacht club supporting recreational boating activities in the Rockland area.
Located in the Harbormaster’s Building on the Rockland waterfront, RYC hosts a full range of activities both on the water and on land.
- Cruising Camaraderie An exciting cruising event calendar offers opportunities for club members to enjoy camaraderie on the water from the Ice Breaker weekend in June through Labor Day, in Penobscot Bay and beyond. Each cruising event is hosted by a volunteer member who selects the destination and plans the events.
- Racing Competition The Racing Calendar features The Tuesday Night “Round-the-Buoy” Harbor races from June through September. Each evening’s racing is followed by a social gathering at the RYC Club house. In addition, one and two-day weekend races from June through September broaden the competition to include sailors from regional yacht clubs.
- Social Fellowship Social activities bring members together year around. Fund-raisers, pot luck dinners, and casual business meetings augment informal post-race, Friday night, and rainy day gatherings. Featured events are the Lobster Picnic in September and the Holiday party in December.
Rockland Yacht Club Officers
- Commodore Dorrie Higbee firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Commodore Aaron Trembly email@example.com
- Rear Commodore Greggus Yahr firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer Ginny Fiedler email@example.com
- Secretary George Sayre firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Dick and Kathy Silva email@example.com
- Race Chair Randy Pickelman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cruise Chair Ginny Travers email@example.com